Top 5 ways to take care of your dentures
One needs to go through a routine to make sure that their teeth are being well taken care of when they have dentures. At Lakeshore Dentistry, we have years of experience in dental fillings in Mississauga, and we go the extra mile to look after the oral needs of all our clients and patients. If you have lost or damaged your teeth due to a disease or accident, the best dental procedure is to get dentures. To maintain the optimum functionality of your mouth, it is important that you have all your teeth. Dentures can help fill in all the gaps and keep your mouth and teeth in tip-top shape. Below-mentioned is ways to take care of your dentures:
- After eating, you should remove your dentures and give them a good rinse. You want to run your dentures under a tap and clean all the food particles and anything else that might get in the way of your dentures. The best way to clean them is to run them under a tap. In case you drop them, you can put them in a washer to risk breaking them. It is imperative that you hold your dentures carefully while washing so that they don’t get damaged.
- After taking out your dentures, clean your mouth thoroughly. It is ideal if you use a soft toothbrush to clean your mouth and to make sure you do not hurt your mouth.
- Brush your dentures daily to ensure they are free from plaque or other food deposits.
- Soak your dentures overnight. This is done to ensure that they retain their shape. You can place them in water or a mild denture cleaning solution.
- When you place your dentures back in your mouth in the morning, you should make sure you’ve given them a good rinse. Additionally, it is vital that you visit your dentist frequently for regular check-ups.
In addition to dental fillings, you cannot go wrong with Lakeshore Dentistry if you are looking for a reputable kids’ dental in Mississauga. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team today to schedule an appointment.